I have always enjoyed reading and thought you might too, so I’ve made a goal to post at least 5 book reviews this summer. Hmmm…if my summer starts in June and ends in September, then I need to read…oh I was never any good at math, so let’s just say my goal is to post a review every other week. Aha!
I visited the library and picked out a few books to start with:
- The Job: True Tales from the Life of a New York City Cop by Steve Osborne
- Thank You For Your Service by David Finkel
- Travels with Casey: My Journey Through Our Dog-Crazy Country by Benoit Denzet-Lewis
To make this easier and to facilitate conversation, during each book review I will answer a series of questions (listed below) for each book.
- What made me want to read this book?
- Which passages were the most interesting, disturbing, humorous, or sad?
- What has this book taught me? Has it broadened my perspective on the world or some part of my life?
- Has this book changed my opinion about anything or anyone?
- What is the author’s writing style like? Engaging, boring, easy to understand?
Feel free to join me in reading and discussing each book!